Question:
When is TiVO SERIES 3 DUE OUT?
Cos23
2006-04-03 13:46:19 UTC
When is TiVO SERIES 3 DUE OUT?
Two answers:
Knowledge Seeker
2006-04-03 15:12:47 UTC
There is no official date yet announced.

There was some speculation that because the player is being given out as a prize in a contest associated with American Idol, and that the prize contest rules say that the player must be delivered within a specific number of months of the end of the contest, that the player should be "available" by September or October, 2006.

Some sources I have unofficially said that that was speculation and that there are some loopholes that say "dependent on availability". In otherwords, nothing could be implied as to a specific date.

TiVo is being pretty mum on the whole thing other than quoting "2006". Even my sources won't tell me anything more. :^(
jeffbat
2006-04-06 11:44:42 UTC
There are rumors that it could be on the market by September 1. It will def be here before the start of the holiday season.