Question:
Why can't I play dvd's copied on an Insignia recorder?
smkalpakci
2006-04-07 11:03:57 UTC
I bought on of those VHS/DVD recorders. When I am copying VHS home movies to DVD, I can see the DVD on that player but they won't play on my DVD+/- rom on my computer, or my DVD+/- home DVD player.
Three answers:
Erased Paper
2006-04-07 11:08:02 UTC
When you record your DVD's there should be an option to "finialize". This makes it so it can be read by all DVD players.

Hope this helps and good luck :)
herbie36f
2006-04-07 11:06:48 UTC
There is probably some type of copyright on it that will not allow it to be copied, OR the format is not the same and will only play on certain DVD players OR perhaps something wrong with your DVD player. OR maybe your discs are bad.
nickman2025
2006-04-07 11:07:56 UTC
You probably need to go into the menu on it and find something that says something similar to "close disc" or "finalize disc" while it's in the recorder.